Nuts such as walnuts, almonds or pistachios are a very beneficial ingredient for your health because they contain high levels of nutrients among which we remind of vitamin E, phenols, antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids or polyunsaturated fats.
Consuming a handful of walnuts will provide all the vitamins and minerals your body needs until you manage to eat a healthy meal.
We recommend you to include in your daily diet 5 walnuts and you will be amazed by the results:
- Your heart will be stronger thanks to the antioxidants present in walnuts and which fight against the action of free radicals, the main responsible for an unhealthy and ill heart. Consume these nuts on a regular basis and you will feel healthier;
- The stress levels will go down. The stress usually affects you not only psychically, but also physically, therefore you need to consume walnuts. They will relax your nerves and improve your physical and psychical condition.
- Your hair, nails and skin will be stronger thanks to the omega 3-fatty acids and the polyunsaturated fats which help you look better. These substances will make your hair shine again, your skin smoother and your nails stronger, stimulating the hair and nail growing process.
- You will have your cholesterol level under control. Recent studies have proven that walnuts can actually reduce the levels of cholesterol, managing to keep them under control.
- Walnuts protect your brain and prevent age-related diseases. The omega 3-fatty acids in walnuts are capable of reducing the risk of Alzheimer disease and other diseases that can appear over time such as depression, cancer or ADHD. The key is to consume them with regularity.
- You can lose weight. Because they are rich in polyunsaturated fats, walnuts actually ensure the well-functioning of your system. Through their action they manage to cancel the action of saturated fats and maintain your arteries healthy. At the same time, they reduce cravings and give you the sensation of satiety.
You can enjoy walnuts either as such or add them in salads or desserts. Any way, you should be careful not to exaggerate. Due to their high level of calories, walnuts can also damage your body, if not consumed with measure.